Wednesday 9 May 2012

playing polaroid - let the sunshine in






































Finally! This is the first shot using expired Polaroid 600 film in my Polaroid SX70 camera. The film arrived a few weeks ago but I've hesitated using it as it expired in '06. I just didn't want to be disappointed after all the failures I've had with the Impossible Project instant film. Anyway - its not a perfect shot by any means but its Polaroid and I love it!

I'm taking part in 52 Photos Project along with ongoing projects with a bunch of great photographers I met in the Shoot By Design course I did last year. As a designer working on my own I'm finding group projects a great way to feel connected and motivated which is often difficult to do in isolation. Its great to see other people's take on things as well as see their work develop over a period of time. Its even better to know that you are not alone in your creative frustrations - which I have many of at the moment!

5 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 09, 2012

    You are definitely not alone in your creative frustrations! As a beginner, I am experiencing the same thing. I love this photo - I saw the link at 52 Photos. The colors and patterns in the numbers above the bed caught my eye immediately.
    - Carrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carrie and thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. AnonymousMay 11, 2012

    this is a gorgeous photo.
    oh, i am dreaming of a sx70... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you must get one if you can - I'm just in love with that camera!

      Delete
  3. this is a great shot! i've had my frustrations with impossible film too--i have the most luck with the sliver shade film and my spectra camera.

    ReplyDelete